Search Veterans Voices
Note to new subscribers:You must enter your e-mail address in the line above and then respond to an e-mail confirming your subscription!
- Home at Last: Seventy-five years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, men who died on USS Oklahoma are finally being returned to their families
- Thoroughbred Therapy: How Saratoga WarHorse rekindles life for soldiers dealing with PTSD
- ALASKA’S VANISHING CARE: How VA’s “Choice” program sabotaged a hard-earned network of local health care across the state’s vast and inaccessible wilds
- Wrongful discharge? Board that corrects military records ‘stacked against servicemembers’ critics charge
- BOOTED AFTER BATTLE Thousands of combat veterans have been kicked out of the military for misconduct without regard to PTSD, TBI or their right to medical retirement
- Bogus Benefit: USAJOBS.gov frustrates military veterans as downsizing sends thousands into the civilian workforce
- Green River Gamble: A group of post-9/11 veterans set out to create a Legion post for a new generation — and it’s paying off
- More than Names: Janie Schaut hopes her personal histories of veterans from her community will inspire similar work nationwide
- Vietnam’s Senior Class: Often forgotten, the Americans who served in country between 1950 and 1964 saw their share of death and danger
- Mystery in Hot Springs: Veterans are baffled and furious as VA prepares to abandon a medical center that serves three states
Copyright 2010, 2011, All Rights Reserved
All postings and content are copyrighted by Ken Olsen and Veterans Voices. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be used in any form without the written permission of the author.
Tag Archives: veterans voices
When doing everything right isn’t enough: A Marine’s suicide shows that even the unlikeliest veteran can fall through the cracks.
By Ken Olsen (Copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved) Of all the questions raised by Clay Hunt’s suicide, perhaps the most perplexing is this: why did a 28-year-old former Marine who was receiving VA health care, taking medications for post-traumatic stress … Continue reading
By Ken Olsen (Copyright 2011/ All Rights Reserved) The VA has finally posted an expanded list of U.S. Navy ships exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War. The so-called Brown Water ships list comes a year after U.S. Sen. … Continue reading
More than 300,000 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans – nearly 20 percent of returning troops – have PTS or depression and the number is rising. Their experiences, and they way they resonate with Vietnam veterans, are part of a special report … Continue reading
Pershing’s Last Patriot: Photographer pitching documentary on Frank Buckles, the last surviving American World War I veteran
By Ken Olsen A Michigan photographer is working to raise $150,000 to make a documentary about Frank W. Buckles, the last living American World War I veteran. The film will be narrated by Richard Thomas, who started in the television … Continue reading