Search Veterans Voices
Note to new subscribers:You must enter your e-mail address in the line above and then respond to an e-mail confirming your subscription!
- ‘Like a giant X-ray’ They had a front-row seat to secret nuclear weapons tests. Now they’re fighting for recognition and compensation
- An Army of One: Oregon widow dedicates everything to providing housing for homeless veterans
- The Lost Graves of Tarawa: Hastily buried following one of World War II’s most horrific battles, the remains of missing Marines are coming home
- ‘Nothing wrong with you:’ Twenty-five years later, Gulf War Illness often treated as a mental condition
- Home at Last: Seventy-five years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, men who died on USS Oklahoma are finally being returned to their families
- Thoroughbred Therapy: How Saratoga WarHorse rekindles life for soldiers dealing with PTSD
- ALASKA’S VANISHING CARE: How VA’s “Choice” program sabotaged a hard-earned network of local health care across the state’s vast and inaccessible wilds
- Wrongful discharge? Board that corrects military records ‘stacked against servicemembers’ critics charge
- BOOTED AFTER BATTLE Thousands of combat veterans have been kicked out of the military for misconduct without regard to PTSD, TBI or their right to medical retirement
Copyright 2010, 2011, All Rights Reserved
All postings and content are copyrighted by Ken Olsen and Veterans Voices. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be used in any form without the written permission of the author.
Tag Archives: Justin Minyard
On The Edge: Doctors over prescribe opioid painkillers to young veterans, leading to addictions and accidental overdoses
By Ken Olsen (Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved) By the time Justin Minyard discovered the video of himself stoned, drooling and unable to help his daughter unwrap her Christmas presents, he was taking enough OxyContin, oxycodone and Valium every day … Continue reading